每年, Immaculata大学 informs students of The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), which affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. 它们是:
- The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days of the day the University receives a request for access.
- 学生应提交给注册主任, 迪安, 学术系主任, 或其他相关官员, 标识他们希望检查的记录的书面请求. The University official will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the records are not maintained by the University official to whom the request was submitted, that official shall advise the student of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.
- The right to request the amendment of the student’s education records that the student believes are inaccurate or misleading. 学生应写大学官方负责记录, 清楚地确定他们想要更改的记录部分, 并说明为什么它是不准确的或误导. If the University decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, 大学将通知该学生有关决定, and the vice president of the area concerned will advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.
- The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, 除非FERPA未经同意而授权披露. Exceptions include disclosure to personnel within the institution who are acting in the student’s educational interest; to officials of other institutions in which the student seeks to enroll; to federal agencies; to persons or organizations providing the student with financial aid; to organizations conducting studies for educational agencies or institutions developing, 验证, 或管理测试, student aid programs or educational improvement programs; to accrediting agencies carrying out their accreditation function; to persons in compliance with a judicial order; to disciplinary records pertaining to alcohol and drugs, sexual assault or physical harm; and to persons in an emergency in order to protect the health or safety of students or other persons.
- 向美国政府提出申诉的权利.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by Immaculata大学 to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA is: Family Policy Compliance Office, U.S. 教育部，马里兰州大道400号，华盛顿特区西南部，20202-4605.
Immaculata大学 designates the following categories of student information as public, 或目录信息. 该等资料可由院校为任何目的而披露, 目前, enrolled students may withhold disclosure of any category of information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. To withhold disclosure, written notification must be received in the Office of the 注册商. Forms requesting the withholding of directory information are available in the 注册商’s Office and on this website.
- 类别我 的名字, address, 电话号码, 电子邮件地址, 照片, 出生日期和地点, 考勤日期, 全日制或兼职注册状态, class
- 第二类 以前的机构(s)出席, 主要研究领域, 奖, 荣誉, 预计毕业日期, 授予学位(包括日期)
- 三级 参加官方认可的活动和体育运动, 运动员的体重和身高
Immaculata大学 assumes that failure on the part of any student to specifically request the withholding of categories of directory information indicates individual approval for disclosure. 无玷圣公会的学生即使得到他们的许可也可以放心, 目录信息很少公开. The policy of Immaculata大学 allows the disclosure of such information to non-institutional personnel only for serious reasons and at the discretion of the person responsible for the student record involved.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) as amended is a federal law which is designed to protect the privacy of and limit access to the educational records of students. This means that institutions generally must withhold such information from 父母 and others who believe their relationship with the student entitles them to have the information, sometimes even on occasions when the student prefers the information to be released. 作为一个结果, 父母, 监护人, or spouses often ask why they cannot have information about a student’s grades, 金融义务, 或者和大学站在一起. 联邦隐私法一般涵盖的教育记录包括成绩, 住房信息, 医疗(包括住院), 报名及出勤信息, 财务状况, 纪律处分程序的结果, 等.
如果学生没有被允许向他人发布信息, the University generally CANNOT release the information under the provisions of FERPA. The University is able to release information IF there is proof of the student’s status as a dependent under the Internal Revenue Service Code for the period covered on file. 然而, tax returns on file with the University cover the preceding year; often the proof is out of date and may no longer be applicable.
Students grant Immaculata大学 permission to release information concerning their educational records to a third party by submitting the FERPA agreement form. Students must identify each individual to whom they wish to grant access/information regarding their student records. To identify people, students must log into SSIU via MyIU and fill out the FERPA Agreement. 提交时, the University will be able to dis关闭 information and respond to inquiries from the designated individuals. The consent will remain valid until students leave the University; however, 他们可以随时修改同意书信息.